We’re currently hiring for the following opportunities:
Vegetable Alchemy Specialist – Part Time
POSTED: July 30, 2021
LOCATION: 401 Industrial Avenue
We are looking for a passionate production & sales teammate to join a unique and ambitious local business. If you’re excited to work in a dynamic environment with room to spread your entrepreneurial wings, please apply!
You care about making delicious food. You take care and consideration when preparing each batch, and strive to maintain a clean and orderly work environment. You are a tenacious learner and innovator, but can still follow structured recipes.
You believe that local solutions are required to solve global problems. You want to help Vancouverites eat more plants, create less waste, and build a robust local food economy that promotes regenerative agriculture.
Responsibilities generally include the following:
- Batch prepping our incredible vegan burgers. Weighing, washing, chopping, food processing, roasting, sautéing, boiling, mixing, and everything in between
- Filling pint jars
- Maintaining a clean and FoodSafe kitchen
- Equipment set up, maintenance, tear down, and cleaning
- Moving and organizing inventory & quality control
- Potential expanded responsibilities include:
- Build and maintain creative projects and/or systems to support sales and operations.
- Open accounts, create content, ride bikes, deliver burgers, act as an ambassador, and sell product at farmers markets.
- Comfortable with physical work including lifting, and repetitive movement
- A team player, enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Available for flexible 8-hour morning shifts 4 to 5 days per week, Monday through Sunday from now until October, with opportunity for extension
- Efficient and meticulous
- Food Safe certified
- Experienced in a kitchen environment
- Excited about working for a small business that is growing and searching for innovation and new ideas
Please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com and include the position you are applying for in the subject line. The starting wage for this position is $17/hour with room for growth based on experience.
Coastie Craft Burgers lives and breathes as an ambitiously inclusive workplace, which reflects and celebrates the diversity of our communities, where every employee feels valued and heard. We recognize the economic and social barriers faced by people from equity denied populations, including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities, and we actively work to create an environment that is free of discrimination, one which centres equity and justice.
Building a diverse team is important for Coastie Craft Burgers. We encourage applications from people of any of these identities and lived experiences. If you require any accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.